Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Blog...

I have read blogs for a few years now, been apart of a prayer blog for two years, and never wanted my own blog until recently. Being a freelance journalist, I enjoy writing and would love to pursue it more, even with my new teaching job. So many friends have asked me to blog, but the time has come, and the time is now...

I am going to be teaching a class entitled "Journals" at Cedar Christian Academy where I am the Secondary 4 homeroom teacher, and I am to encourage my students to blog. To be a good example, I should blog as well, so I am beginning before school starts next week.

My title, "The Rapids of Life," has some kind of relation to my topsy-turvy life since my father passed away June 23, 2008, and also relates to Proverbs 18:4, which says, "The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook. " The theme at Cedar this year is "Seekers of Wisdom; Sowers of Seeds," and I think this fits in well with it!

I am signing my posts "Miss Buenacasa," because that is the name my students will address me by, and I have always found that even if I call my blogging buddies by their last name, their first name comes to me first because it is the one they use on their blog. I want my students to be more at ease calling me by my last name, especially if what they read is the same as what they hear me called at school.

I pray my writings are an encouragement to you, my reader, in your walk with the Lord.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. -Colossians 3:16

9 comments:

  1. I am a fan of my friends blog...I look forward to following your journey! -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It's great to hear from you, thank you for commenting on my blog! My sister and I were walking home from where we were dropped off after school the other day when we saw you...I will e-mail you soon.

    Dannelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is going to be really nice following you!
    and this is a nice name for your blog...give little montreal girl a hug from me....love mrs. shirkie

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi benjamin!!!
    nice to meet you....love mrs.shirkie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the invite!
    How fortunate those students are who will have Miss Buenacasa teaching them. You are gifted, and a delight. What a blessing to be near to such a sweet saint in the light.
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miss Buenacasa!

    I like your blog. Maybe I should start one.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! miss buenacasa #2....maybe you just should!
    give my little pilgrim pal a big hug...love mrs. shirkie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mrs. Shirkie,

    Thank you for all your encouraging comments! Your cheery voice is welcome here at all times. :)

    To all those who do not know, Mrs. Shirkie is a dear blogging friend who is probably the main reason I am now even on blogger...we met at the Pilgrim's blog over two years ago and her and I used to talk to eachother in the comments section.



    Hi Mrs. Denommee,
    Thank you for dropping by here! Your sweet spirit brings joy to my soul! May God bless you richly!


    Little Montreal Girl,
    I don't know if you are that little anymore now that you are Miss Elizabeth to a class of cute little elementary students! I LOVE your class :) and yes, mine are amazing, too!!


    Love and Prayers to my commenters,
    Dannelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. good morning little pilgrim pal.
    of course you and miss elizabeth are all grown up now and are school teachers but you will always be my little pilgtim pal, hebrews and my little montreal girl!
    speaking of which, give little montreal girl a hug for me and an apple!!...love mrs. shirkie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment...Thank you!