Thursday, September 3, 2009

Picture Writing Assignment




I love Cedar, I love my class here, and I love teaching Journals the best :)

Each student has created their own blog, each wrote their first post.

Today for Jounals class I gave them a picture writing assignment. I loved it when my mom gave us that during our writing class: to just let my imagination run wild based on a picture and express my thoughts as best as my pen could tell...bliss beyond explanation!

Above is the painting by Robert Duncan that we used. Growing up we had his calendars and we often used the paintings on each page as our subject for our assignment. We never used this one, though.

I discovered amazing creativity in my students by reading their compositions today! I am so happy for each one of them and I am sure they will continue to improve.

Yesterday I had the joy of commenting on each of my students' blogs, and for my students reading this, there is a reason behind me signing my name preceded by "Love and Prayers"....I love you all and pray for each of you every day. Don't ever forget that!!! :)

See, I have taught you decrees and laws as the LORD my God commanded me, so that you may follow them in the land you are entering to take possession of it. Observe them carefully, for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the nations, who will hear about all these decrees and say, "Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people." What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the LORD our God is near us whenever we pray to him?

-Deuteronomy 4:5-7

3 comments:

  1. We love you, too, Mrs. Buenacasa and thank you for your prayers. :)

    P.S. - Now I see how much you love writing. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abigail,

    Thank you for commenting on my blog, you are so sweet :)

    Love and Prayers,
    Miss Buenacasa

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear little pilgrim pal,
    i really wish that we golden children had a teacher like you when we were growing up!
    that picture is so thrilling.
    of course you know what mr. shirkie's and my favourite part of the picture is, eh?
    it is that scrumptious looking cat!
    i agree with little abigail...you are so sweet teach!....love mrs.shirkie

    ps ANOTHER hug for my little montreal girl!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment...Thank you!